MLH: Internet Amusements
I spend a lot of time on the internet, both for work and at home. These are some of the places that keep me relatively sane...
- You Suck At Craigslist. Best place on the intertubez... Snarkily fantastic, and a wonderfully tight-knit and open-armed group of commenters.
- Rants from Mommyland. Two moms who talk about the best and worst of mommyness. Their kids are older than Monkey, but they give me a lot to look forwards to (and giggle about!). They also have an amazing list of "faux swears" that I want to incorporate into my vocabulary!
- Stark. Raving. Mad. Mommy. She is the mother of 4, one of whom is on the autism spectrum, but they always have The Thing Is going on (which I can totally relate to on a smaller level). In many ways, her blog makes me grateful for the fact that I don't have to deal with those things—but at the same time, if any of my babies end up with Aspergers or anywhere on the spectrum, I know somewhere I can go for support.
- I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar!. Crafty-mommy blog, she has some brilliant ideas for her little boys! (I really need to try our her freezer-paper stenciling... It looks so easy!)
- Fearless Formula Feeder. "Factivist" (rather than "lactivist") who examines studies about breastfeeding and formula feeding, and shares people's stories about their feeding decisions.
- XKCD. I love this comic! Fantastically geeky in so many ways...
- Cake Wrecks. Collection of terrible, terrible cakes from professional bakeries... Love it! The Sunday Sweets are also fantastically inspiring.
- Amazon. Need I say more? Amazon is great for stuff I can't find locally (geeky buttons, specific types of dishes and flatware, specific books...), and for Christmas shopping!
- Google Reader. Keeps all my blogs and comics and RSS feeds and such in one place. This is also where I keep my random stuff like failbooking, Work Fails, #LFMF (hmmm, schadenfreudeyness much??) and other cheezburger conglomerate sites.
What are some of your favorite sites?