Things I Am Grateful For
The last few weeks, I have been trying to concentrate on the things that are good in my life... And I've got a good deal to concentrate on!
- Husband has his quirks, but always comes through for me and for our family—even and especially when my cakes fall apart.
- Monkey, and various things about him: He is healthy and happy, usually not a picky eater, doesn't have any allergies, and slept through the night relatively reliably when he was 2 months old.
- Modern medicine, which not only has made our lives so much easier, but also allowed the doctors to realize something was wrong with Monkey when I was in "labor" and save (possibly) both our lives.
- I have a good, full-time job with benefits that isn't terribly stressful and allows me a good deal of independence. I have good friends there, and (for the most part) can ignore the minimal drama that goes on.
- Husband just started a fantastic job that will allow us to pay off our debts relatively quickly, and, eventually, allow me to stay home with Monkey. More importantly, he is happy there!
- We have a home that we can afford, even on just Husband's salary, and that hasn't thrown us any curveballs that cost more than $3,000.
- I have a tight-knit community of friends from all over geographically and life-ically. Despite what some people say, I believe you can know someone you only communicate with in an online setting...
- Our kitten is cuddly and sweet. I have to repeat that to myself when he is doing wicked things, like playing with noisy things in the middle of the night, and jumping up on the counter and eating things.
- The fact that I was able to get pregnant pretty quickly. I was told by my doctor that I would have a hard time conceiving, and geared up for the long haul, but seven weeks later I had a positive test. I have helped give emotional support to my best friend for part of her five-year trial of infertility, and it makes me so grateful that I did not have to experience the same.
- Chocolate. And caffeine. And chocolate. And Fort Knox pie (recipe coming soon!)