Menu Plan Monday - 24 Jan 2011
Time for a (late-posted) Menu Plan Monday! Last week was… interesting… We planned on homemade pizza on Monday, but the dough didn't turn out, so we had to resort (already) to the frozen pizza scheduled for next week. Breakfast for dinner kinda happened, but we just had bacon and eggs—no pancakes. Wednesday, Sarah and her friend needed an emergency girl's night out, and since I owed her for watching Monkey at the last minute last weekend, I went and enjoyed sushi with them. I think Thursday was actually Chips and Cheese, but Friday got turned into leftovers, Saturday we tried to do the Chicken and Fried Rice (but we were out of cooked rice and it was dinner time, so we did chicken and angel hair pasta instead) and Sunday we actually did do the stroganoff. So basically, 2.5 dinners went as planned, hehe.
- Monday: Was going to be sushi, but since I had sushi last week (and brought home 1.5 rolls for husband) I think we'll have leftovers… probably chili from last weekend.
- Tuesday: Pasta with alfredo sauce
- Wednesday: "Homemade" pizza (I broke down and bought a pizza crust, because we can't seem to make ours work. The stinking thing was more expensive than a frozen pizza!)
- Thursday: Chicken nuggets, corn dogs, etc.
- Friday:Lasagna (I've never made lasagna before… I hope it turns out yummy!)
- Saturday:Lemonade Chicken… This looks interesting and delicious.
- Sunday: Homemade Chicken Enchiladas, with Husband's sisters and brother-in-law. I make some really delicious enchiladas, so I may end up posting a recipe, if I remember to take pictures…
This past week was somewhat of a mixed success. Few dinners went as planned, but we didn't give up and go out to eat either, so that was good. Husband got sick on Saturday, so he didn't have a lot of energy, but hopefully he'll get better this week! (And hopefully Monkey and I won't get sick… please please pleasepleaseplease.)
(Edit: Whooops! Looks like this week won't possibly go as planned. I just rescheduled my major-enough-to-receive-anesthesia oral surgery to Wednesday morning… I probably won't be eating large solid foods for a few days, let along pizza that night! Play it by ear…)