Heavenly Pizza Sauce Recipe
As promised, our tweaked version of this recipe.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Inhale, because this already smells just like excellent pizza.
- Heat to simmering, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Don't do what I did, and put the ingredients in one at a time and then put away the jar… I kept losing track of what I had and hadn't put in! This makes a lot of delicious sauce, but it's perfect for a pizza and then a couple bowls of dipping sauce for your crust.