Menu Plan Monday - 4 April 2011
Menu Plan Monday rolls around again!* Last week's menu was followed pretty well, with some rearranging, but that's usual. As a special bonus prize, today I'm introducing a weekly theme! (Note: "Weekly Theme" is good for this week only. No other week is guaranteed to have a "Weekly Theme." Do not taunt the "Weekly Theme.") This week, the theme is "Stuff That's Already In My House Because I Don't Want To Go To The Grocery Store." I've got potatoes, pastas, frozen vegetables, and various canned goods… Here's what I came up with!
*Uhm. Yes. I'm writing this on Tuesday, and back-dating it to yesterday… Oops!
- Monday: Chips and Cheese.
- Tuesday: Another Stuff-In-My-Kitchen casserole… It got pushed back to Sunday, but it was yummy! (Have: Potatoes, Cream-Of soups, frozen veggie mix or broccoli or green beans. Maybe figure out how to work in canned tomatoes? Also: Self, don't forget to add spices!)
- Wednesday: Kraft Mac and Cheese, side of frozen veggies.
- Thursday: Chicken burritos. (Have: Frozen chicken breasts, taco seasonings, refried beans, salsa, tortillas)
- Friday: Pedestrian version of this recipe—so basically, frozen gnocchi with frozen peas, butter, various dried spices, and Parmesan cheese.
- Saturday: Big batch of homemade (from cans… So home-assembled?) pasta sauce, leftovers to go in fridge for next week.
- Sunday: Big batch of my homemade curry. Maybe chicken, if I have more in the freezer, or maybe meatless. Will experiment with freezing the curry…
We didn't get around to making the homemade pretzels last week… Honestly, I don't remember anything about what we did/ate Saturday, except that we took Monkey to the park a couple times, to tire him out so he'd sleep through the second session of General Conference. It worked pretty well!