Things I'd Like To Tell My Toddler
I know I technically can tell these things to Monkey, but his grasp of language isn't quite to the point that he can understand what we're asking. Sarah helped me come up with some of these, because she's with Monkey a lot during the day.
- Child, you used to be able to say the word "sock" very well. Why did you change the first letter to an "f"??
- Just because you found it on the bottom of your foot, doesn't mean you should eat it. Ewww.
- You don't have to have a bite of everything I'm eating. It's usually the exact same thing I put on your tray. I promise.
- "No!" means "Don't do that!" It doesn't mean "Yeah, go ahead and keep doing that, just keep an eye on me while you're doing it."
- And back on the sock thing. Since you've started mispronouncing the word, you've also started singing songs about your "socks." At the top of your lungs. Please don't do it at church tomorrow.
- Hands are for loving, not for smearing poo all over your pack and play.
- I know we're potty training you, and so we need to take you into the bathroom when we go. I'm not sure you need to cheer.
Does anyone know how to translate these sentiments into toddler for me? Also, is there anything you want to ask your toddler?